- 3 cups gluten free self-raising flour
- 1 cup thickened cream (do not use light cream)
- 1 cup lemonade (like 7 Up or Schweppes)
- 1 Preheat oven to 230°C (or 210°C if using a fan-forced oven). A hot oven is called for in this recipe.
- 2 Mix all ingredients together until just combined.
- 3 Place on a lightly floured surface and lightly roll or press the dough out to about 1 inch( 2.5cm) high.
- 4 Cut with a scone cutter and place on a lightly greased baking tray (or you can use a good quality baking paper). Place the scones close together. Lightly brush the top of scones with a little milk.
- 5 Bake 10 -15 minutes on the top shelf of the oven.
- 6 Serve warm with jam and cream or butter and honey.