Sugar, Eggs and Milk make this South of the Border dessert naturally gluten free. I will be trying various gluten free recipes the next few weeks to find my all time favorite!
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3/8 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup sugar until golden. Carefully pour hot sugar evenly into four oven-proof ramekins or custard cups, tilting cups to coat bottoms evenly.
- In another saucepan, bring milk just to boiling over medium heat. Stir hot milk, a little at a time, into beaten eggs and egg yolks, until well combined. Stir in sugar. Pour milk mixture evenly into ramekins.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place ramekins on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, until set. Let cool, invert and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 292 | Total Fat: 7.1g | Cholesterol: 218mg