From EatingWell: May/June 2007
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp and peas and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are almost cooked through, about 4 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, lemon juice and salt. Bring to a boil and cook until the shrimp have cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
Per serving: 305 calories; 13 g fat ( 4 g sat , 5 g mono ); 252 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 4 g fiber; 610 mg sodium; 301 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (74% daily value), Vitamin C (50% dv), Iron (35% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 lean meat