Assume about 1/2 cup per person. This recipe will yield about 6 servings.
- You can use regular olive oil or flavored. Roasted garlic to various herb blends would be great.
- If you are going sweet you might want to add a bit of maple syrup, honey or agave before roasting.
- You can also toss them with some hot sauce if you want them spicy.
- Some seasonings to consider: Black Pepper, Rosemary, Smoked Paprika, Oregano, Curry Powder, Chili Powder, Chinese 5 Spice, Herbs de Provence, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Ground Ginger, Ground Mustard, Allspice, Cayenne, etc…. the only rule, don’t over think it and just have fun with unique flavor combinations.
- 3 cups cooked Chickpeas (also called Garbanzo Beans)
- some Canola or Olive Oil to lightly coat
- Seasonings: I like sea salt and smoked paprika
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Toss chickpeas with spice, salt and a small amount of oil. Put them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 30-40 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. Toss them every 10 minutes. Let them cool completely before serving. They get much more crunchy after they cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.