Orange Chipotle Shrimp – chipotle peppers, orange juice and cilantro tantalize the taste buds in this zesty shrimp dish.
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper, minced, with adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Whisk the orange juice and zest, chipotle peppers, honey, olive oil, cilantro and salt in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and toss, coating well.
- Transfer the coated shrimp to a gallon ziplock bag and seal. Marinate, refrigerated, for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the ghee in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Stir fry the vegetables for 1 minute. Remove the shrimp from the sealed bag, discarding the marinade. Add the shrimp to the wok and stir fry until the shrimp is uniformly pink and the vegetables are tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve over grated cauliflower “rice” or steamed jasmine rice.
- Nutrition (per serving): 202 calories, 7.8g total fat, 200.7mg cholesterol, 607.7mg sodium, 336mg potassium, 11.2g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 4.4g sugar, 21.5g protein.